Image Processing Engineer
- 160000.00 - 180000.00 per annum
This Senior Image Processing Engineer position is with a global leader in the medical device sector. They develop and manufacture endoscopes from their state-of-the-art Santa Barbara facility and are supported by R&D teams at their European HQ.
Your role will be to create designs and algorithms for image processing, compression, and image storage systems, researching new image processing techniques for use in their next-generation products. Design test fixtures, tooling, and test frameworks to ensure the best product quality and support the wider development team with image processing performance analytics.
- Produce and verify FPGA-based modules for image processing.
- Perform system modeling of camera components, and compression algorithms including MPEG-2 & MPEG-4
- Develop image processing algorithms for both CCD and CMOS sensors.
- BSC or above in Electrical Engineering or Signal Processing
- 8 years' experience in analog/digital system design and DSP
- Design familiarity with FPGA
- Knowledge of image compression / MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- Experience with medical device quality regulations is a plus.
This is an onsite position based in Goleta/Santa Barbara. The company works a 4-day working week so you will always have long weekends to enjoy the beaches, or mountains!